Wednesday, January 25, 2012

MM Update

So I'm spending way less time than I wanted to on my story. I did finish the research stage and now I'm in the "finish plotting the plot" stage.

Winters are decidedly hard. Mom says it's totally normal for people to get a little depressed during the winter months because there's less sun. Now I'm starting to look at tanning beds as something other than cancer slates. There may be something to aging your skin and emotional happiness. Oooo, brain wave, so then aging is actually good for your emotional health while trying to look 20 for 30 years is actually bad for you. Hmmmmm food for thought.

Away, researching myths and urban legends is fun. I've discovered that if you want to find something truly creepy you need only look to history books. A book called, "Dreadful Fates," by Tracey Turner is full of little gruesome gems of untimely demise that actually happened. I invented a whole knew character because I liked the story of, "Doctor Death," so much.

Sometimes, all you have to do is look at recent history. In England there's a murder case going on right now involving a teenage dead girl on the Queen's Sandringham's estate. No conclusive details yet apart from the fact that girl had been dead four months previous to the royal holiday and that they were hunting just yards from the body. It wasn't discovered until after they left and the park is open to the public. Mysterious....my Agatha Christie bones are all a shiver!

No comments:

Post a Comment