Monday, December 28, 2009

So the journey begins...great I'm starting out with a cliche this is going to go well...

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before the blogosphere snagged me. But I was told by several friends that this would be a good way to put myself out there for publishers and (what can I say?) I’m a risk taker.

I’m a soon to be twenty-year-old aspiring writer. I want to publish a book I started when I was sixteen within the year. I have already looked at a few publishers and have decided on which ones would even be remotely interested in my type of book. Hopefully (cross fingers) they’ll accept my original spark of creativity and be willing to take it on. I’m now willing to let other eyes peek at what I hope will be seen as an amateur’s masterpiece.

I’ve always been a writer. Ever since my second grade teacher assigned us to write a short story I’ve wanted to write. I’ve experimented and exercised my “gift” all my life. I’m not perfect, grammar and I are certainly not friends, but writing is really the only thing that excites my blood. I’ve tried studying other fields to see if I could stand working in a better paying environment while writing on the side, but it’s no good. I just love writing too much.

Writers are scholars, philosophers, and opinion makers. All stuff I love to do! They are the ones who, in their own scientific way, search out human truths by broad study based on personal experience. What is ethics? What are morals? These are ideas that are shaped and molded and sent into the world for further study by writers. You don’t have to like what we write, you can just enjoy the experience and move on or you can take what we say to heart and apply it to life.

Food for thought

No comments:

Post a Comment