Saturday, October 2, 2010

Comic, Stress, and Future grumpypants

Alright. So I was going to upload my comics. Keyword "was" should tell you that after trying every format and document under the sun blogspot.com doesn't like my comic. I guess it just doesn't have a sense of humor.

In other news I'm now taking a Creative Writing class and loving every minute of that. I'm also taking a Chemistry class which I am failing...sigh..I guess you really can't beat nature. I never was really good a science and math. What on earth possessed me into thinking I could actually become a highly paid, respected, and fully professional PT? (For those not familiar PT=Physical Therapist) To add insult to injury my mother decides to just now inform me that I had always been too happy to learn how to sit down and seriously study. Thank you mom.

So the question now is, do I push through years of torturous school full of subjects I have no talent for or do I go to my plans B,C,D, etc?

Ideally with my life I'd like to get married, write from home as a stay-at-home mom and also work part time as a PTA, personal trainer, or some other fitness related position.

To achieve this I could switch back to an English major, finish my degree, then go to a two year vocational college and get certified as either a PTA or a personal trainer and live close to the poverty line until I add another income to my family. Or I could cut my losses here and go to a PT school NOW while at the same time losing all my chances at the wonderful men at BYU-I and the clean English classes provided....sigh.

My gut says to do the above because I am a firm believer that whatever your career is, you should be passionate about it,and I for one am not passionate about chemistry. But I am passionate about personal health and wellness and the creative writing field.

I don't think old people remember or appreciate how difficult being twenty is anymore. It's a slow, painful morphing process from childhood to serious adulthood that can either churn out respectable young men and women or worn out basement living slugs who can't bring themselves to the realization that high school will never happen again.

Oh, what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment