Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Life as usual and then some

So, even though this is now supposed to be a personal blog I have mixed feelings putting my life online. For one, I'm a very private kind of person. For another I know some people have the gift of making their lives funny and entertaining like my sister in her "idahobecky" blog and others don't.

Guess there's nothing left to do but take the plunge.

I'm 20, a college student, single, and a bit overweight....about 30% body fat over weight. I'm 5'6" and weigh about 190. (I need another skin-fold test to see how much of that is muscle.) I am an aspiring creative writer and Physical Therapy Assistant. I know those two things normally don't go together, but trust me, this time they do....I think.

I've been through so many career changes in the last three months alone I'm starting to get sick of it. The only thing that could match in current drama in my life is academics. I've switched classes this semester about as many times as I've changed careers.

On a brighter note, I'm training to compete in my first triathlon in Dec. 300yd swim, 8 mile bike ride, and 2 mile run. This is part of my goal to become a healthy and fit specimen that can compete in the Physical Therapy world. I'm also competing in a LAZYMAN Iron man as part of training for the triathlon that lasts the whole month of November.

Also on a bright note, I've gotten more English career experience this semester than ever before by virtue of knowing one special man. He has a blog called "dearbrojo." It's an advice column for young LDS teens and Young Single Adults about dating. I started reading it about two months after he started and have been hooked ever since. I wrote him a few times and he wrote back and we've chatted on facebook and soon became net friends. I did some PR work for his latest books "Bro Jo's Guide to Relationships" and another one for teens. And now he wants me to review his book for his publisher. Can we say "resume material?"

I love my job tutoring writing students on campus. They're all bright-eyed bushy tailed freshmen with great ideas and each have fairly good skills at writing already. As for my job off-track, I'm going to try to land a job as a Physical Therapy Aide, aides don't need any more education than High School, and it would get me the hours I need to eventually complete an associates. I just need to find someone who wouldn't mind having me around only three months out of the year at home, or someone who wouldn't mind having me around school hours at school.

Like I said life is good, it's just complicated. I guess this is what they mean when they say you have to take the bitter with the sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment