Saturday, October 30, 2010

A new story

So an idea for a short novel has been floating around in my head.

It's a conversion/transformation story about a girl with a past and no contact to God. Her path crosses with a witch who wants to use her soul to pay off the devil. The witch causes an accident and because one righteous man involved wasn't affected by the spell and had tried to save her the original spell goes awry (I think that's the word I want) and she doesn't die. If she had died, her soul would have been the witch's.

A "spell world" or "coma world" is created where the people in the accident are the main characters. And she learns about God from this righteous man who is a member of the LDS church (but he doesn't specifically tell her that.) There's a bunch of other elements too, but I don't want to put it online because there are lame people who steal other authors ideas.

Anyway, I already have the end planed out which says something for the life of this story. In other words, it might actually come to pass. Maybe I'll use the idea for my creative writing class.

No comments:

Post a Comment