Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ironman Update, Tangled, Turkey, and Tunes

ALMOST DONE!!

I would like to take this moment to just say...I'm awesome. That's it. I. Am. Awesome. The end. I have three days left to complete the Ironman and I only have 40 miles left to complete on a bike. Piece of cake with two actually workable work out days left. I finished the swim today plus a lap and ran 4 miles yesterday which completed the running miles. Well, in all honesty it was more of a continuous run/jog, but that's not important.

I ended up not doing to Turkey trot due to lack of time and the extreme cold front that moved into upper east Idaho. Hello, we've never had snow stick this long on the ground in southern Idaho before. Cold, yes; wind, yes; week-long ground snow, hmmm not very often (I did get to make a giant snow bear sculpture out of it.)
But that doesn't mean I'm not doing the Tri-a-Tri this Saturday. As its all indoor you can see why I'm more excited about that one.

So the family got together for Thanksgiving. My mom, B and L with their kids and husbands, D, and S and me. Five girls, two husbands, three babies and a grandma. B as the eldest and live in college student with her family at my mom's house was in charge of the meal. She brined the turkey and can I say, wow, I've never had a truly moist turkey before this one. Brinning is really the only way to go. Super flavorful and super delicious! The mashed potatoes, which I helped with, were also tasty (B says they were salty but I disagree). And of course we had stuffing (I actually enjoyed it this year, not loved, but I did enjoy it) and steamed vegetables and PIE. Cherry pie, divine; apple pie, hm; chocolate pecan, oh wow (And I usually don't like pecan); I didn't actually get to the pumpkin in time. Oh well.

It was great to have the family together. There was laughter, tears, philosophical discussion, and more tears. We went to see Tangled, a very funny Disney movie based on the Grimm's fairy tale "Rapunzel" my favorite part was her bi-polar moment, so funny.

It's been great to be home and be able to catch up on current media. I miss music. Radio tunes (any music) helps me to meditate and come up with story ideas or just relax. Getting a quality radio at school is difficult, anything less than government issue would receive static due to the hills. (Actually, government issue could be potentially worse than home built but that's a whole other issue involving a bunch of politics I don't feel like getting into right now.)

Let's see what else...built a partial igloo with K, my bff, played with the S-man, and Zsa Zsa...yep that pretty much sums up my vacation. Tomorrow I go back to the Burg early in the morning because there's another storm warning for that afternoon that could close the roads....again....sigh...well that's life.

Wishing adventure aplenty in this world of never ending stories. (I think it's funny that people seem to think there's an end point or goal to their lives, a final chapter and then happily ever after, but if you think about it there's no such thing until death. There's always a chance to do or learn something new.)

No comments:

Post a Comment