Saturday, November 13, 2010

Run Part 2 and Writing Excellence

So today when I went to the gym to complete my swim I found out that the pool will not be open until 4pm due to intramural sports.....yeah. Since I was at the gym anyway I decided that two weeks into the Ironman would be a good time reassess and evaluate my progress and where I wanted to be. The results?...

In 5 days I need to complete 15 miles of running = approximately 3 miles per scheduled run day.

In 5 days I need to complete a 71 mile bike ride = approximately 14 miles per scheduled bike day. (Not worried at all, biking is my strong suit)

In 4 days I need to complete 81 full swim laps = approximately 20 laps per scheduled swim day. (Considering that I nearly died from 16 laps last Saturday this is something I am not looking forward too, but I should also consider that I spent a whole hour on the treadmill right before that so...I think it can be done!)

All in all, I think I will be ready for that triathlon in December.

As far as writing goes I love my Creative Writing class. I just completed a rough short story about a human girl thrust into a world of monsters at an academy and my roommates liked it. They keep telling me what a good writer I am and stuff and it just makes me feel better about switching back to a creative writing major. Maybe I can live off this talent I have? Hmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment