Friday, December 31, 2010

Wrongly Accused

I hate getting crazy phone calls in the morning.

Today someone called my cellphone number and demanded her newspaper back. She was sure that it was me even though I told her that she had dialed a cell phone number whose address could not possibly be located in any phone book in the United States. When I'd asked her how she'd gotten my number she told me she was "psychic." I told her three separate times that neither I or any of my family members would steal her paper as we get our own. She responded with, "I'm not talking about your family members, I'm talking about YOU!" (Do I even know you?)

She then proceeded to tell me that it was completely understandable to steal a newspaper "for the thrill of it, not because it's right or wrong, just for the thrill." and that she herself would(does?) steal treadmills, not because she needed them, but for the the "thrill" of it. She was either off her rocker or in serious need of her morning cup of coffee. Then this woman had the audacity to call me rude for lying about stealing her paper because she had apparently "seen" me do this even though I hadn't step foot out of my house all morning.

"Well, I think it's rude that you would still accuse me of taking your paper when I've told you at least three times now that I didn't. Especially since my family doesn't condone stealing of any type! Have a nice day ma'me." And I hung up!

I wish I had come up with something better with stronger words but I was too angry at that point and I already knew it was pointless to reason with crazy people due to previous experience. How do I keep getting these phone calls?

No comments:

Post a Comment