Monday, January 25, 2010

I love my brother-in-law!

He's a writer too. And he's got enough skills to help me edit my manuscript into something magical. But like any worthwhile journey, it's not going to be all sunshine and roses. I am now fully prepared for tears and trauma. Bring it M!

I can take anything now, because I just finished putting in his corrections for my first chapter. My thought pattern was like this,
"You gotta be kidding me, I messed up this much?"
"He's picking on me!"
"Well, I guess that correction makes sense."
"Fine! I'll put it in and if it doesn't sound good when I read through later, it's gone."

After that much trauma, I think I'm even ready to take a few rejections from publishing companies.

The plus side? The chapter I thought was already amazing is now completely AWESOME!!! So, I think it's ok to trust him. Just a little. Thanks M!

No comments:

Post a Comment